The arresting charm of the Himalayas, the quaint Varanasi ghats and the bustle of Delhi streets, India is a captivating land with its enormous topographical and cultural diversity. A land of contrasts that is home to both poverty and beauty, India is slowly but surely surging ahead on the world map and attracts travelers to witness the phenomenon from nook and corner of the world. In 2017 alone, the country hosted a footfall of over 10 million.
Gregory David Roberts, author of the famed Shantaram has aptly described India –
For all the budding travelers out there who are aching to come to India and make a difference to its people, let us show and not just tell you why you should come to India.
With some rooted and rewarding volunteering travel opportunities in different cities, get an authentic and alternate Indian travel experience. Allow us to make that ‘want to travel to India’ ache stronger and let the infectious “fernweh” feeling catch on to you.
Take a look at the following pictures that will make you want to come to India, right at this very moment.
1. As soon as you land in India, make sure your strike off the Taj Mahal off your bucket list.
2. Make sure you make new friends and spend some quality time with the locals.
3. When in India, make sure you contribute your bit.
4. How can you contribute more? Use and also enjoy the local modes of transport aka ‘The Rickshaw’
5. Enliven your souls with the Indian Festival of Colors ‘Holi’.
6. All the Elephant Lovers out there – time for you to get to work.
7. From the Elephants in Jaipur to the Yachts in the Himalayas, India is diverse in its wildlife too!
8. Don’t forget to gorge on scrumptious Rajasthani Food in Jaipur.
9. Take a good look at the Himalayas.
10. What’s better than the destination. Well, the journey!
11. Don’t forget “High Five” your friends when you’ve reached the Himalayan altitudes.
12. Know where the Indian Love for ‘Chai’ comes from. Tea Gardens Of Palampur.
13. Head to Holy Ganges. Enjoy the surreal beauty of the Varanasi Ghats.
14. Experience the million different colors of India.
15. Make sure you take at least one train ride to enjoy the many picturesque views of India.
From orphanage and street children volunteering projects to working on animal welfare projects, Volunteering India will provide you with ample opportunities to make a difference when you are in India. Added advantage?
Take one or more of our many ADD-ON Weekend Trips and the much needed (wander)lustful dose of travel to your itinerary. Drop us a comment or mail our program advisors at [email protected] to let us help you make your travel plans to India in 2023 instantly!