Amritsar is one of the most important cities in Indian state of Punjab. Amritsar is world famous for the Golden Temple, one of the most important Sikh pilgrim centers in the world. Not only Sikhs, but millions of people of all religions visit this holy site from across the world. Amritsar was also one of the active regions in the freedom struggle of India. Here in Amritsar at Jalianwala Bagh, a massacre took place on 19th April 1919 in which British soldiers killed hundreds of people in an open fire. This program would give you the glimpse of the Punjabi culture and give you a nice weekend break.
Visit to famous Golden Temple
Visit to Jallianwala Bagh (Martyr’s Garden)
Day 1 – Delhi-Amritsar (by air-conditioned Deluxe Train) / Visit to Golden Temple
Sat Shri Akal!! As you board the train at 7 am at Delhi going to Amritsar, your great weekend trip begins!! Enjoy the train journey with a having a cup of tea and snacks on board. As you arrive at Amritsar station at 1.30 pm, our representative would meet you and take you to the booked hotel. Enjoy the lunch and you will have a time to relax for some time. In late afternoon, we will take you to Jalianwala Bagh. At this ground, hundreds of people were killed in an open fire made by British soldiers on 13th April 1919. In the evening we will take you to The Golden Temple for an illuminated view. Later back to the hotel. Enjoy the dinner and overnight stay at Amritsar. (Lunch/Dinner)
Day 2 – Visit to the Golden Temple or free time for shopping / Amritsar-Delhi (by air-conditioned deluxe train)
Enjoy the breakfast at the hotel. At around 10 am, we will go for a morning visit to the Golden Temple, which is also known as Sri Harmandir Sahib. Golden Temple is one of the most important Sikh pilgrim centers in the world. It was built by the fifth Sikh Guru, Guru Arjun in 16th century. See the main attractive main temple covered with gold and the building of Akal Takht, seat of the Sikh Religious Body. Enjoy your lunch. Later we would transfer you to Amritsar railway station for taking train to New Delhi. Enjoy refreshment and snacks on board. (Breakfast/Lunch)
End of the tour!!
Please note that due to parking and traffic restrictions; the vehicle would not go up to the Golden Temple. It can go only up to the parking area from where the visitor needs to walk to the Golden Temple and Jalianwala Bagh.
• Delhi-Amritsar-Delhi AC chair car train ticket.
• 1 night and 2 days accommodation in Amritsar.
• AC chauffer driven vehicle for 2 days for transfers and sightseeing as mentioned in itinerary.
• Visits to the Golden Temple and Jalianwala Bagh as specified in the itinerary.
• Currently applicable hotel and government taxes.
• Parking and toll charges and driver allowances.
Trip does not include
• Any personal expenses, TIPS, porter charges.
• Any meals apart from those included.
• Any soft drinks, beer or liquor bills, telephone, laundry charges and expenses of personal nature.
• Room service charges and mini bar consumption charges.
• Any camera fees, entry fees, additional guide charges.
• Any other services which are not mentioned in the package.
ITINERAY CAN BE CHANGED DUE TO OPERATIONAL REASONS DURING THE TOUR
Cost - USD 170 for solo traveler, USD 140 per person if 2 or more volunteers travel together